Friday, July 20, 2012

Cutting Ties!

You know how there are people in your life, like an ex boyfriend, who you just don't want to deal with anymore? Their negativity can be overpowering and bring you down. I was with someone for a year or so, but it wasn't a lovey dovey kind of relationship. I guess I was with him because I didn't want to be alone. Throughout the time, I was not happy. He has a child with a disability and you would think he would be a tad bit more sensitive about the comments he says. He not only would say things about my disability and my wheelchair, but he would also make comments about his son. He made it sound like his son was a burden to him. I feel that he has many issues with himself that he feels like he has to put others down to make himself feel better. I saw him yesterday and I was not impressed. I have come to a place where instead of being with someone I don't mesh with, I'd rather be by myself until I find someone who will accept for who I am, along with my flaws. I would like to find someone who I can have conversations with and basically be myself without being criticized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment