Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daily Struggles

I have daily struggles that I face on a day to day basis because of my hip pain. Some of the issues I go through involve having a hard time getting out of bed, tiredness, headaches, and sometimes it makes me not want to do anything or go anywhere. I also use a wheelchair to get around. On top of all of that, I also have to deal with taking public transportaion to get around, which at times, can be the icing on the cake. Most of the time, it's good, but there are times, such as today where I face drivers with a negative attitude. As I was getting on the bus, the driver made a comment to another passenger on how he does not like to take the time to help people in wheelchairs, but I just shook my head. Even though I have these struggles, I get up in the morning and push through to what needs to be done. I have my own personal goals that I want to accomplish. I have a job and I'm working on several different writting projects. I think it's important to stay positive, because it would be so easy for me to say "I give up," but that's not in my vocabulary. I'm  stronger than that and I like being challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment