Friday, June 29, 2012

Learning Who's Trustworthy

How do you know when people are your true friend? To me, when you become friends with somebody, I think that is a great gift and it means a lot. You are always there for each other and have each other's back when things get rough. This week, I learned a lesson from someone who I thought wanted to rekindle a friendship, but it didn't turn out in a positive way. It's kind of funny, because she took offense to a Facebook post I had written about friendship. It wasn't a big deal or anything, but she started to write negative things about me on her page. I responded, "really? seriously?" She began attacking me through facebook, where she used a lot of profane words towards me where my mutual friends could easily read them. Instead of viewing other comments she had, I just deleted her quickly and took care of eliminating worthless negativity. As I spoke with her on the phone a week prior, I heard a voice in my head saying, "don't trust her." Even though I had that little ounce of hope, that voice was right. Even though you may know someone for a long time, you may not know their true intentions. They may turn on you in a heartbeat. I've learned to be cautious of who I let in my life. Even though there are people who can't be trusted, I still have a few friends that still stick with me through the good and the bad. I thank them for being my true friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment