Monday, August 6, 2012

Better Days Ahead

As you know from previous posts, I've been dealing with pain in my left hip for a long, long time now. Something that I  definitely want to change for sure. My Dad and I went to speak to an Orthepedic this past Friday. He was very nice and respectful. He sat down with us and explained that hip surgery was just out of the question, but he talked to another Orthepedic, Dr. A, who actually performed hip surgery on my hip 20 years ago. He could go in and cut the piece of bone that is causing the pain and take it out. I wouldn't have a lot of muscle there anymore, so I'd have to be more aware of putting weight on that side, but he did inform me that the muscle tissue would grow back in time.  In the long run, the procedure would take most of my pain away. We have to go back on Wednesday to see Dr. A and make a surgery date. Though I'm a little nervous about it, it'll be better in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment