Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Major Breakthrough

This past weekend has been very emotional and eventful. I went to an event at Calvary Chapel Church for a day of legacy. It was Danielle's Legacy Women's event. Sherrill, the mother of Danielle who lost her life in a car accident in 2004, hosted the event. Since then, she made it her mission to have this event every year in August to express and celebrate the legacy of not only Danielle, but every women. I heard about the event and wanted to go, so I did. Sherrill had a guest speaker come and speak. This lady was someone who Danielle admired. Danielle was reading one of her books when the car accident happened. The first half of the speeches went well. We went to lunch and then came back for the second half. Things were going good. They had a talent show and several people got up to give tribute and talk about what God has done and how He's affected their lives. I was doing pretty well and one of the girls, Julie, spoke about her life. It was as if she was speaking to me. Some of what she's dealing with, I'm dealing with too, such as God has control with my life, but the Devil is trying to take it too. Tug-a-war kind of thing. I got really emotional and ended up going to the bathroom and just cried. I cried for a long time and couldn't stop. Well, instead of embracing it and showing my weaknesses, I went home instead. I felt bad about leaving, but in the same, I didn't want to let anyone see me cry. I went home and went to bed. Later on that night, I heard someone knocking on my door. I looked at the clock and it said 12:00 a.m. I thought, who can that be? I thought it was my ex-boyfriend, David. It turned out it was my best fiend, Elaine. She had come by needing to talk. I didn't know that at the time and the shadow I saw left. Later, she told me it was her and I felt really bad. Sunday was a laid back, lazy day. Monday, I wasn't feeling too good, so decided to stay in bed for the morning. As I'm sleeping, I heard a knock at the door. Thinking it may be Elaine or someone else, I got up to answer it. I opened the door and there stands my ex, David. I thought, "oh geez." Before this happened, he'd been calling and and leaving messeges on my phone, some of them kind of rude, by the way. I didn't answer, because I have nothing to say to him and he hurt me many times before. The next thing I know, he's standing outside, asking to come in and talk. With a firm tone to my voice and an uphappy look on my face, I basically told him that there was nothing to talk about. I didn't want to see or talk to him ever again and to basically stay out of my life and never come back. All he had to say was "ok." After everything that he has put me through in the last fourteen years, I felt very happy to know that I'm not going to have to deal with all the BS anymore. The experiences I went through in the last few days has taught me that I need to open up to people and allow my emotions to show more and be raw and share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment